Dlúthpháirtíochta staff will lobby political parties in the run up to the start of a General Election, in a bid to have issues for Ex Members of the Defence Forces on their manifestos.The hope is that if these issues are on more than one of the parties manifestos the more likelihood after the election there is a greater chance that these issues will be part of the next programme for government. A More robust structures to provide a voice and powerful advocate for Ex Members Of The Defence Forces, and to ensure that suitable policies are produced to meet the needs of our members
- Community-based services to enable them to remain living in their own homes
- Commissioner for Ex Members Of The Defence Forces.
- Protecting the most vulnerable of Ex Members Of The Defence Forces – such as those with reduced mental capacity, those in severe poverty and those who are unable to heat their homes and live in their own homes safely;
- the removal Universal Social Charge
- the removal of increments when you hit 65